UDI Capital Region, Victoria Residential Builders Association and Vancouver Island Construction Association present “What’s New in Natural Gas?”, a FortisBC Energy Expo & Symposium on Thursday, October 29, 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. at Harbour Towers, 345 Quebec Street. Cost: $42.
Agenda highlights include:
- The Building and Safety Standards Branch will discuss changes to the BC Building Code.
- RDH Building Engineering Ltd. will present key findings from an energy study on a new single-family residential development.
- FortisBC will discuss reducing construction costs and gaining a competitive edge.
- A trade show will feature manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of industry-related products and services.
Speakers for the event include:
- BC Building Code changes and HVAC requirements: Zachary May with the Building and Safety Standards Branch will present on changes to the BC Building Code that will impact builders & developers.
- Energy choices for a single-family development: Andrew Pape-Salmon with RDH Building Engineering Ltd. will discuss key findings from a study looking at high-efficiency equipment options for space heating and cooling and water heating in a single-family residential development.
- FortisBC rebates and initiatives: Spencer Evans, Energy Solutions Manager with FortisBC, will discuss reducing construction costs and gaining a competitive edge.