Comprised of established and emerging business and community leaders, The Chamber’s board works with The Chamber’s committees and staff to build good business and great community in Greater Victoria.
“The Chamber is the largest business organization on Vancouver Island and our 1,400 members rely on the expertise and leadership of our very knowledgeable board,” says John Wilson, incoming board chair. “Over the next two years, my focus as Chair will be on strengthening The Chamber’s role as an advocate for safe communities, good governance across our region and a vibrant economy that enables employers to better find and keep workers.”
New to the Board in 2020 are:
- Judith Ethier, Chief Administrative Officer, Greater Victoria Harbour Authority
- Tom Plumb, President and CEO, Kinetic Construction
- Rose Arsenault, Branch Manager, Talentcor Victoria
They will join current Board members:
- Chair: John Wilson, CEO, Wilson’s Group of Companies and Incoming Chair
- Vice-Chair: Kris Wirk, Partner, Dusanj and Wirk
- Past Chair: Dan Dagg, President and CEO of Hothouse Marketing
- Secretary: Christina Clarke, CEO, Songhees Economic Development Corp.
- Treasurer: Moira Hauk, Regional Manager South Island, Coastal Community Credit Union
- Ian Batey, Owner and Principal, IPB Consulting
- Carmen Charette, Vice President External Relations, University of Victoria
- Pedro Marquez, Vice President of Global Advancement and Business Development, Royal Roads University
- Capt. (N) Sam Sader, Base Commander, CFB Esquimalt
- Paul van Koll, Senior Manager, KPMG
- Brianna Green, Marketing Specialist, Wilson’s Group; Incoming Chair, Prodigy Group (ex-officio)
- Catherine Holt, CEO, The Chamber (ex-officio)
The Chamber thanks its three outgoing Board members for their outstanding contributions — Al Hasham, Lise Gyorkos and Rahim Khudabux. All three had significant roles in the governance of The Chamber over their terms.
The Chamber’s mission is to serve Greater Victoria by working together to build good business and great community through advocacy, networking events, professional development and other unique activities. Find out more at VictoriaChamber.ca.
This news release was received in January 2020.