Sidney, BC – Following its successful Annual General Meeting on May 25, 2016, Donna Petrie, Executive Director of the Sidney Business Improvement Area Society (SBIA), announced the new Board of Directors and Officers:
- President and Chair: Susan Simosko, Susan Simosko Associates
- Vice President: David Graham, d. graham ARCHITECTURE Inc.
- Bob Whyte, Commercial Property Owner, Dairy Queen
- Brad Edgett, Mary Winspear Centre
- Treasurer and Chair of the Finance Committee: Chris Cowland, Cowland & Associates
- Chair of Marketing Committee: David Bremner d.g. bremner & company
- Justin McGregor, Representing Commercial Property Owner, Save-on-Foods
- Chair of Member Engagement Committee, Kathy Blaine, Brown’s The Florist
- Natalie King, Representing Commercial Property Owner, The Marker Group
- Shai Thompson, House of Lily Koi
- Secretary and Chair of Governance Committee: Todd Wiehe, Salvador Davis & Co
In making the announcement, Ms. Petrie expressed enthusiasm for the Board’s diverse and rich experience, their commitment to the SBIA’s mandate and goals, and their willingness to roll up their sleeves to support the BIA’s ambitious work plan for 2016 -17.
“I anticipate an exciting and productive year,” Ms. Petrie said. “We are fortunate to have such an incredibly talented group of business leaders on the Board. I look forward to working with everyone!”