Victoria, BC – The Greater Victoria Harbour Authority has appointed its Board of Directors for the 2016 – 17 fiscal year, with Dave Cowen – general manager of The Butchart Gardens and former chair of Tourism Victoria – serving as chair for the non-profit organization.
Esquimalt Nation Chief Andy Thomas remains in the position of Vice Chair, with Oak Bay Mayor Nils Jensen – representing the Capital Regional District – as Secretary, and Doug Crowder as Treasurer. Christina Clarke and Doug Crowder are joining for their second, three-year term, while Chief Thomas and City of Victoria Councillor Ben Isitt have been reappointed for their second, one-year term. GVHA has also appointed Mark Mawhinney to the role of independent director, joining standing independent directors Gordon Tweddell and Starr McMichael.
Guiding and overseeing the affairs of GVHA, the Board of Directors is comprised of member agencies and their respective nominees for the Esquimalt Nation, the Songhees Nation, the City of Victoria, the Township of Esquimalt, the Victoria/Esquimalt Harbour Society, Tourism Victoria, The Chamber and the Capital Regional District. The Board also has four independent directors drawn from the community at large.
· Chair – Dave Cowen, Tourism Victoria
· Vice-Chair – Chief Andy Thomas, Esquimalt Nation
· Secretary – Mayor Nils Jensen, Capital Regional District
· Treasurer – Doug Crowder, Independent Director
· Christina Clarke, Songhees Nation
· Councillor Ben Isitt, City of Victoria
· David Schinbein, Township of Esquimalt
· David Marshall, The Chamber
· Nick Banks, Victoria / Esquimalt Harbour Society
· Peter Hartman, Victoria / Esquimalt Harbour Society
· Mark Mawhinney, Independent Director
· Starr McMichael, Independent Director
· Gordon Tweddell, Independent Director