NANAIMO, May 16, 2016–Amidst a shaky Canadian economy, weak loonie and low oil prices—British Columbia’s stable and diversified economy continues to thrive. What’s behind the province’s success story?
Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist Glen Hodgson will join Vancouver Island’s business leaders at The Conference Board of Canada’s Western Business Outlook: Nanaimo to explore the answers to the following questions:
- Where is the B.C. resource sector heading?
- Will the Liquefied Natural Gas industry finally get started and what impact will it have in the short term?
- What are the impacts of tectonic shifts in the Asia-Pacific economy and the slowdown in the Chinese economy on British Columbia and Vancouver Island?
- Is the strength in the B.C. economy sustainable?
When: 8:00 AM–12:00 PM, May 19, 2016
Where: Coast Bastion Hotel, Nanaimo, British Columbia
Who: Speakers include:
- Glen Hodgson, Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Bruce M. Leslie, Executive Director, The Conference Board of Canada
- Adrian Legin, CEO, Coastal Community Credit Union
- Sohee Ahn, Executive Director, Trade Policy and Negotiations, Government of British Columbia
- Susan Mowbray, Senior Economist, MNP LLP
For the full schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/16-0152/agenda.aspx