Chamber Celebrates Business Excellence
Apr 30, 2012
(News Release) VICTORIA — The Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce celebrated local business excellence during the Greater Victoria Business Awards Friday night at the Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort and Spa.
Awards were presented in 13 categories as well as the awarding of the Governors’ Lifetime Achievement Award to Terry Farmer of Accent Inns.
“This year the nominations we received were truly outstanding," says chamber chairman John Espley. "Our judges had the challenge of looking out over a field of excellence to pick just two businesses that best exemplified the characteristics of that category. This speaks not only to the strength of our businesses, but also to the power of our business community.
“Together we celebrated the passion, drive, and success of our peers, both established businesses and new organizations.”
The award categories and winners are:
Business Leadership Award sponsored by Coast Capital Savings Credit Union
- Bee-Clean Building Maintenance
- Runner-up: Richmond Property Group Ltd.
New Business Award sponsored by WorkSafeBC
- The London Chef
- Runner-up: Nurse Next Door - Esquimalt & Western Communities
Business of the Year Award (1-10 employees) sponsored by Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Lûxe Home Interiors
- Runner-up: Sector Learning Solutions
Business of the Year Award (11-25 employees) sponsored by Greater Victoria Development Agency
- Cairnview Mechanical Ltd.
- Runner-up: Smart Dolphins IT Solutions Inc.
Business of the Year Award (26-75 employees) sponsored by Heenan Blaikie LLP
- Root Cellar Village Green Grocer Ltd.
- Runner-up: CHEK News
Business of the Year Award (76+ employees) sponsored by the Times Colonist
- Harbour Air Ltd.
- Runner-up: Connect Hearing
Outstanding Customer Service Award sponsored by Maximum Express Courier Freight & Logistics
- Bath Fitter
- Runner-up: Pets West Ltd.
Innovation Award sponsored by University of Victoria Peter B. Gustavson School of Business
- Runner-up: Synergy Enterprises
Employer of the Year Award sponsored by CGI Information Systems & Management Consultants
- UNIT4 Business Software
- Runner-up: Tourism Victoria
Sustainable Business Practice Award sponsored by Pacific Carbon Trust
- Monk Office
- Runner-up: Heritage Office Furnishings Victoria Ltd.
Business Person of the Year Award sponsored by The Chamber
- Shelagh Rinald, Rinald Tax Advisory Inc.
- Runner-up: Deirdre Campbell, Tartan Group
Young Entrepreneur Award sponsored by Royal Roads University Faculty of Management
- Richard Van Leeuwen, Academy of Learning
- Runner-up: Rachel Paish, Passion and Performance
Employee of the Year Award sponsored by CHEK News
- Rowena Hendriks, Carlton House of Oak Bay
- Runner-up: Amanda Broad, City Green Solutions Society