New Leadership for Nanaimo Tourism
Apr 11, 2012
(News Release) NANAIMO — The Nanaimo Economic Development Corporation (NEDC) is pleased to announce that recent appointments to its Tourism Leadership Committee (TLC) have been ratified by the NEDC board of directors.
Mandated to provide visioning for the corporation’s tourism and destination marketing functions, this advisory committee was selected based on a skills matrix to ensure the representation is strong and has the knowledge and expertise needed to move projects forward.
The following 16 members have been appointed for a two-year term:
- Dan Brady, Howard Johnson Harbourside Hotel
- Volker Grady, Coast Bastion Inn
- Dave Ilyn, Buccaneer Inn
- Nicole Vaugeois, Vancouver Island University
- John Winter, Harbour Air Seaplanes
- Bruce Avis, Citizen Advisory Committee for Correction Services Canada
- Scott Littlejohn, Living Forest Oceanside Campground and RV Park
- Dr. Kristenn Magnussen, veterinarian
- Don Dempson, business executive
- Sandra Petryk, Nanaimo Airport
- Dr. David Twynam, Vancouver Island University
- Denise Tacon, Vancouver Island Conference Centre
- Margot Holmes, Vancouver Island Symphony
- Donna Vidal, CTV
- Jen Bogwald, Meyers Norris Penny
- Elizabeth Williams, City of Nanaimo Sport Tourism
As the official voice of the tourism industry in the Nanaimo region, the TLC will provide recommendations to the NEDC relating to strategy, marketing, focus, infrastructure gaps, regulatory issues, and direction of efforts to improve and positively affect all aspects of the industry.
Committee chairman Dan Brady thanks the 32 strong applicants who put their names forward. He says he's “confident the new talent will bring with it new ideas and innovations to effectively position Nanaimo as a tourist destination.”