November 20, 2015 – British Columbia: Small Business BC, the province’s premier resource centre for entrepreneurs, opened nominations and voting for the 13th Annual Small Business BC Awards on October 1, 2015. Eleven small businesses in Victoria have been nominated:
- Active Ingredient Coaching – Premier’s People’s Choice
- Adedia – Premier’s People’s Choice and Best Community Impact
- BRIJ Marketing – Premier’s People’s Choice
- DeeBee’s SpecialTea Foods – Best International Trade
- E-Quick – Best Emerging Entrepreneur
- E-Quick eco-Courier – Best Concept
- Picture This .today – Best Concept
- Pure ELLEments Wellness – Premier’s People’s Choice
- Sapphire Day Spa Ltd. – Premier’s People’s Choice
- Wildwood Outdoor Living Centre – Premier’s People’s Choice
- Your Perfect Gift – Premier’s People’s Choice
The Small Business BC Awards are the most visible awards program in BC for small business owners and entrepreneurs. A key part of the Awards’ mission is to celebrate the contributions new and existing businesses registered in BC, with fewer than 50 employees, make to their local communities and the global economy.
“Small Business BC takes great pride in celebrating entrepreneurs and helping them to become more successful. While individually small, these businesses have a big reputation across Canada and around the world,” says George Hunter, CEO at Small Business BC. “I am delighted to see Victoria’s vibrant business community entering the Small Business BC Awards to be recognized for their achievements both locally and globally.”
Recipients of Small Business BC Awards will be recognized with the Premier’s Prize in the amount of $1,500 cash. The winners will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business BC education resources and experts, and one-on-one business mentorship opportunities with notable advisors from award sponsors.
The contest is open for nominations and voting until November 30, 2015. The public is invited to nominate their favourite small businesses for a Small Business BC Award. Nominated business owners will be tasked with gaining as many votes as possible through social media, word of mouth, e-mail or any other means possible.
The businesses with the highest number of votes in each award category will be announced as the Top 10 on December 11, 2015. These nominees will submit a detailed application that judges will use to determine the Top 5 finalists from each award category, announced on January 29, 2016. The Top 5 finalists will then be invited to present a 10-minute Dragons’ Den-style pitch to the judges to prove themselves as one of BC’s best.
The winners of each category will be announced at the Small Business BC Awards Ceremony on February 25, 2016 at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel.
More details on the Small Business BC Awards can be found at www.sbbcawards.ca.
• Over 3,500 entrepreneurs have participated in the Small Business Awards since its inception
• There is a new award category for Best Apprentice Training sponsored by Industry Training Authority
• The Province of British Columbia and Premier Clark support for the Small Business BC Awards through the Premier’s People’s Choice Award, and the Premier’s Prize of $1,500 cash