Experience Tectoria Attracts Tech VIPs
Sep 12, 2012
(News Release) VICTORIA — Experience Tectoria, a showcase of Victoria’s advanced technology sector, takes place from September 13 – 16. The inaugural event brings technology executives from across North America to Victoria, where they will meet with local technology-leaders, tour Canada’s Smartest City, and join local Tectorians for seminars, networking and incredible entertainment.
- VIPs will be in attendance from New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver and more (top venture capital and M&A firms, super angels from across the NorthWest, some of the most influential tech bloggers and journalists)
- Amazing relationship building opportunities between startups, employees, companies and potential investors
- Talented speakers with years of hands-on experience
- Top level content: seminars, panels, keynotes, social events, scenic tours (click here for schedule), and musical performances across the city (VIP Passes to the Rifflandia Musical Festival available)
- Over 30 local startups participating in a Demo Camp, Pitch Pit and Startup Crawl featuring the Startup Canada Tour interview booth
- The BCIC Acceleration Network Launch featuring Minister John Yap.
“Experience Tectoria is an exciting taste of our city and its number one industry: advanced technology,” says Dan Gunn, Executive Director of VIATeC. “We’re showing off our beautiful city and why our innovation economy is so thriving.”
Over the three days VIATeC will provide the local tech community with a series of keynote addresses and seminars, and host VIP guests with a bus tour of Victoria’s research labs, schools, technology companies and the region’s brand new 16,000 sq/ft Accelerator Centre and its 20 startup tech companies.
The VIATeC and Accelerate Tectoria team have arranged a group of over 25 hosts (leaders from our tech community) to tour with the VIPs, answer questions and foster network-building. There will also be networking events during the evenings including a private show by the truly amazing Reggie Watts, fine dining in local restaurants, and a keynote presentation from the west coast-based Hootsuite team.
VIP guests and local hosts will also have VIP passes to Rifflandia, one of North America's most impressive indie rock festivals this year, featuring rising stars playing alongside legends like The Flaming Lips and Cake. Experience Tectoria will have their very own VIP tent at the feature stage.